From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] DevRel and UserRel merging
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:49:19
To better organize our resources and more accurately divide
responsibility it's our plan to merge DevRel and UserRel under
a new top level project named Community Resources. This also
provides us with the opportunity to cleanup our project pages.
The resulting project hierachy we have currently planned is

cr:
  conflict resolution
    * merges userrel and devrel conflict resolution parts
    * only members of this project can vote for sanctions
  recruiting
  undertakers
  gsoc
  planet

Old project pages to be removed:

userrel/adopt-a-dev
userrel/gentoostatus
devrel/ombudsman

Open questions:

Does PR want to become a CR sub project?

Implementation plan:
  1. Get new project pages ready (with incorporated feedback)
   * target 2010-07-18
  2. Ask infra to provide redirects from old pages
   * target 2010-07-25
  3. Announce changes
   * target 2010-07-25

Regards,