From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Shutting down the Off the Wall (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items ...)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 11:20:16
1 > On 15 Dec 2020, at 11:03, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > David Seifert schrieb:
4 >> On Sun, 2020-12-13 at 15:36 +0100, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
5 >>> Finally please also allow me to ask why 30+ days after all of this
6 >>> started, nobody from forums team took yet any action, i.e. the post I
7 >>> showed on Friday is still untouched. Have I missed an issued
8 >>> warning/ban?
9 >
10 >> I think the forum mods agree with you:
11 >> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8543599.html#8543599
12 >>> Of the random set I surveyed, I did not find any posts that, in my
13 >>> opinion, rose to the level of a violation.
14 >
15 > "I will note that due to the volume of poorly explained reports, I gave up before reading nearly all the reported posts, so some of the reported posts may well deserve to be reported."
16 >
17 > Ok, so overloading the forum moderation with frivolous requests will obviously lead to the legitimate requests getting inadequate attention.
18 >
19 > I consider those who started digging in historical posts and mass reporting them as acting in bad faith here.
20
21 That isn’t what actually happened though. Soap and I both reported posts we individually found offensive on the first few pages of the forum. There was no effort to go back through 13+ years of archives and report any infringing material - that would be a huge waste of time on our part and the moderators.
22
23 It’s a misrepresentation of two people who figured they’d better follow the formal process to see if _that_ changes anything.
26 > Best regards,
27 > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn