From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Website Reorganisation Ideas
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:31:52
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2
3 > AllenJB wrote:
4 >>
5 >> I was thinking about the Gentoo website, and how it can actually be
6 >> quite hard to navigate if you don't know where things are. I'd like to
7 >> suggest making it better through some simple restructuring of the
8 >> hierarchy of pages. The following list contains all the navigation links
9 >> on the current website, just rearranged.
12 > Yeah the pages in general could use some work. The problem will probably
13 > just be finding someone to do the work.
14 >
15 Er I think he was volunteering; I am sure enough forum users will support
16 his endeavour and help in turn.
17
18 AllenJB: I take it you're going to implement the proof-of-concept elsewhere?
19 (It will need testing etc.) Are you planning to mirror the Gentoo site and
20 then lay it out differently, or what? beandog's packages site is a good
21 example of the process that could be used; might want to forum msg/email
22 him about it (if you haven't already.) Dunno if he reads -project, and I
23 don't see him on IRC that often, fwtw.