From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Website Reorganisation Ideas
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:31:52
Petteri Räty wrote:

> AllenJB wrote: >> >> I was thinking about the Gentoo website, and how it can actually be >> quite hard to navigate if you don't know where things are. I'd like to >> suggest making it better through some simple restructuring of the >> hierarchy of pages. The following list contains all the navigation links >> on the current website, just rearranged. >> > > Yeah the pages in general could use some work. The problem will probably > just be finding someone to do the work. >
Er I think he was volunteering; I am sure enough forum users will support his endeavour and help in turn. AllenJB: I take it you're going to implement the proof-of-concept elsewhere? (It will need testing etc.) Are you planning to mirror the Gentoo site and then lay it out differently, or what? beandog's packages site is a good example of the process that could be used; might want to forum msg/email him about it (if you haven't already.) Dunno if he reads -project, and I don't see him on IRC that often, fwtw.