From: David Shakaryan <omp@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-project] Reply to setting Was: Improving developer/user communication]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:50:41
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > You can do that anyway, with Reply to Sender. Since the whole point of a
3 > list like this is for open discussion, the default should be for replies
4 > to go to the list. It is different for, say, an announce list. The other
5 > Gentoo discussion lists have Reply-To set so omitting it from here seems
6 > more like an omission than policy.
7
8 I agree with this post completely. Omitting a Reply-To header in this
9 list results in less consistency amongst the mailing lists. If someone
10 is accustomed to most of the other Gentoo mailing lists having a
11 Reply-To header, it would be quite likely for them not to realise that
12 this list is different in that regard. Look at cokehabit for a real life
13 example of this.
14
15 Neil also has a great point with the fact that this list is for open
16 discussion, and thus the default should be for mail being sent to the
17 list, rather than the sender alone. It would not be difficult for people
18 to click 'Reply to All', but it also would not be difficult for the
19 infra team to set a Reply-To header. I would recommend adding a Reply-To
20 header to this list, if only for the sake of consistency.
23 David Shakaryan
24 --
25 gentoo-project@g.o mailing list