From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] On the way Devrel is constituted
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 19:33:31
1 On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > 2. The leads of these projects should be selected by the projects like
3 > any other project, but confirmed by the council.
4
5 I agree with much of what you posted, but this one bit keeps coming up
6 and I'm not sure how well it will work. What happens if the two can't
7 agree? Devrel appoints a lead and council doesn't confirm. Who runs
8 Devrel until the the new lead is selected? What if the two cannot
9 reach agreement?
10
11 Maybe just spell that out - Devrel selects and council confirms, and
12 if by so many days after the election of a new council agreement
13 hasn't been reached then the council can appoint?
14
15 I think all are agreed that Council/Trustees/etc should generally be
16 hands-off, and in reality this is how they have been operating all
17 along. However, I think it still makes sense to keep these bodies at
18 the top of the chain of command. It isn't really healthy to define
19 ambiguous command structures (though our Council/Trustees division
20 obviously raises this issue already).
21
22 Rich