From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Does the council need a lead?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:06:50
1 On 04/18/2010 12:23 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Does the council need a lead? All top-level projects have a lead
4 >> except the council. Should we maintain this exception?
5 >>
6 >> How do we elect a lead? Do the developers do it or should it be left
7 >> to the newly elected council members?
10 > What role will a council lead play? Will the role be similar to the
11 > speaker of the house (ie, only manage the meetings and cast the
12 > tie-breaking vote), or more like the head of the cabinet of ministers
13 > (take the final decision based on input from other members)?
16 Having someone dedicated in charge of agendas and charing meetings is
17 useful at least.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri