From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] FSCONS 2014 CfP
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 17:34:03
1 I'm helping to arrange this small conference in Gothenburg so if anybody wants to come and send a talk proposal you are more than welcome.
2
3 Call for participation -- FSCONS 2014, 31 Oct-2 Nov
4
5 The Free Society Conference and Nordic Summit (FSCONS) is a meeting
6 place for social change, focused on the intersection between technology,
7 culture and society. FSCONS is organised according to the principles
8 laid out in our Manifesto[1], a living document accepted by the
9 society's members at the yearly meeting.
10
11 The conference brings together people from a wide range of
12 fields, and merges the technical with the social, seeking both to
13 activate and challenge. Open discussion and brainstorming are as
14 important as the talks given during the conference.
15
16 Invitation
17
18 We're looking for proposals that relate to Free Software, Free Culture
19 or Free Society generally, as well as those which are at the
20 crossroads of the three or which take the philosophy and brings them
21 to a whole new field. To give you a hint of the scope of the
22 conference here are some topics already planned:
23
24 * Open Space
25 * Open Government
26 * Open Web
27 * Programming Languages
28 * Makers
29
30 But don't let this restrict your thinking: you can submit a proposal
31 even if it doesn't quite fit into any of the above topics.
32
33 The dealine for your proposal is June 20th.
34
35 How to submit your proposal
36 In order to submit your proposal, please go to [2], register your
37 proposal and make sure your provide valid contact information.
38 This proposal form is to be used only for your personal proposal.
39 If you have ideas of other people you want to suggest as speakers,
40 please feel free to suggest those in the FSCONS Wiki [3].
41
42 After the review period, ending July 4th, you will get notified if
43 your proposal is accepted or not.
46 Important dates for FSCONS 2014
47
48 * June 20th - deadline for submissions
49 * July 4th - accepted proposals will be notified.
50
51 If your proposal is accepted, the abstract submission deadline is
52 September 1 st.
53
54 Looking forward to seeing you at FSCONS 2014 in November!
55
56 Programme managers,
57 Stian and Leif-Jöran
58