From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 14:20:56
1 On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 15:37 +0200, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > Hello Ferris,
3 >
4 > > This leaves the subject of the non-meeting unresolved and also the
5 > > pending appeals. Probably we should hold the election quickly and pass
6 > > that on to the next Council, but I think we should hear from those who
7 > > have appeals pending on that. Thus, the CC, assuming email is being
8 > > forwarded correctly.
9 >
10 > Personally, I think GLEP39 should be followed and an election should
11 > take place. The suggestions I've read so far, albeit certainly meant
12 > well, all have a "taste", IMHO, and would make (parts of) Gentoo look
13 > bad.
14
15 If we do proceed with electing a new council. It's not the end of the
16 world. Since we would be doing so in a couple months anyway, no? So just
17 expediting the elections a bit.
20 William L. Thomson Jr.
21 amd64/Java/Trustees
22 Gentoo Foundation