From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2011-12-13
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 17:02:27
On Monday 05 December 2011 01:48:34 Zac Medico wrote:
> On 12/04/2011 10:48 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > all "failures" that don't result in an aborted build (e.g. EAPI=0 dodoc > > on missing file) will get "missed". many of those are logged as QA > > warnings, but it seems default --quiet-build=y will not include these in > > the log summary. this might be useful to fix -- i'll poke Zac about it > > if he doesn't see this e- mail. > > This is due to the default PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="log warn error" in > make.globals. The developer profile sets > > :PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="${PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES} qa", so anyone running > > that profile gets the QA warnings automatically. > > Maybe it would be fine to enable the QA warnings by default for all > users. I don't feel strongly either way.
hrm. there's some QA messages i think we should have all our users see by default (so they'll report bugs), and there's some i think should be in the developer profiles. although, i think most are in the former category, so maybe we shouldn't sweat it for now ? specifically, i'm thinking of the build type warnings that we label as upstream should be shown to devs and not users ... -mike