From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Should the new text be a GLEP, or something else? How do we update it in the future?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:50:59
1 On 2010.04.18 00:48, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > Should the new text be a GLEP, or something else? Some of us have
3 > talked about making it some sort of constitution.
4 >
5 > How do we update it in the future? GLEP 39 currently does not say how
6 > we can modify it and this is the source of lots of debate and
7 > confusion. Let's not make that error a second time.
11 Team,
12
13 The new text should be an update to GLEP39. Then we all know where to
14 find it. If its a newly invented form of document it will be lost.
15
16 The revised GLEP39 should explicitly state that it can be amended by
17 some vote or another of the council ... probably unamimous. After all,
18 we can vote them out in 11 months time or less.
19 The reality is that if the council did something many devs disagreed
20 with they would make their collective voices heard and the decision
21 would be tempered or reversed.
22
23 If the idea of the council voting to change GLEP39 does not appeal,
24 several options can be added the the referendum that it sounds like we
25 will be having.
28 Regards,
29
30 Roy Bamford