From: Dominik Riva <slalomsk8er@×××××.com>
To: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:38:59
1 On Jan 15, 2008 2:15 PM, Wulf C. Krueger <philantrop@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Please explain why I should care about the Gentoo Foundation in your opinion.
4
5 Maybe because it is a the part of Gentoo was designed to holds Gentoo's assets?
6 Things like the logo, servers, name, ... oh and don't forget the money
7 - all rather unimportant things, right?
8
9 > > I can understand that this angers the community and drobbins, as it
10 > > angers me too.
11 >
12 > I don't. I *do* care about our users, about my ebuilds and the
13 > technical side of things. I do *not* care about a foundation that's
14 > supposed to be an IP container.
15
16 Why do you not care about the assets of Gentoo?
17
18 > > But I think that some drastic actions must be taken,
19 >
20 > Why? To appease the mob? What horrible, catastrophic thing has
21 > happened? Please explain that. I honestly don't see it.
22 >
23 > > maybe exactly because the bandwagon with the angry mob on it.
24 >
25 > Drastic measures because some people loudly claim the end of the world
26 > is coming? No, thank you.
27
28 This is all about politics and it is a shame the developers have to
29 care at all about it.
30 It is about opinions, actions, the missing actions and there consequences.
31
32 And even worst it is about what could happen if. Some thing that you
33 can NOT code, test and trow away if it leads to some outcome that is
34 bad, ugly, catastrophic - it is to late by then.
35
36 > >> The ebuilds keep coming, we're basically doing "business" as usual and
37 > >> that should be enough, I'd say.
38 > > Sure, all is fine in the land of Gentoo - problems are for people that
39 > > have nothing better to do :(
40 >
41 > Name those problem, please. I'll gladly try to address them if I can.
42
43 That is exactly why I started the wiki page - to name the problems,
44 give info about them and even give you a head start by offering some
45 possible fixes.
46
47 Regards, Dominik Riva
48 --