From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-04-08
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 18:20:10
1 On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 17:48:33 +0000
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Tom Wijsman:
5 > > On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 17:01:56 +0000
6 > > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
9 > >> Hash: SHA512
10 > >>
11 > >> Tom Wijsman:
12 > >>>> Is this what I can expect from sticking around in Gentoo?
13 > >>>
14 > >>> When people (yes, multiple) resort to reverting commits and/or
15 > >>> filing ComRel bugs instead of appropriate discussion and
16 > >>> escalation ... yes.
17 > >>>
18 > >>
19 > >> No, this does not conform with CoC. QA members don't have a special
20 > >> right to be insulting on a non-technical level, even if people
21 > >> don't follow their policies.
22 > >
23 > > Alexander talks about expectation, not about conformity; but if
24 > > multiple people resort to reverting commits, or don't do
25 > > appropriate discussion, that would indeed not be conform with CoC
26 > > as it is quite disrespectful.
27 > >
28 > >> I am used to rude/blunt language and often prefer it over other
29 > >> forms... but there is a line when it becomes random abusive
30 > >> language.
31 > >
32 > > +1 Note that we're not disagreeing here.
33 >
34 > So you are saying we all can expect abusive language from QA members
35 > in the case of someone not respecting some policy?
36
37 To be clear; for QA members, I hope they would not act as such, but
38 I cannot guarantee that for every individual in and outside the QA team.
39
40 > That's a weird statement.
41
42 Only when you interpret expectations as actions that'll happen; but for
43 it to happen, people need to go really far, that's where common sense,
44 policy, other QA members, ComRel and Council come in to draw the line.
45
46 > I am not sure if you really meant it... that's why I am asking.
49 With kind regards,
50
51 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
52 Gentoo Developer
53
54 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
55 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
56 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D