From: Thomas Tuttle <gentoo@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Automation: Making package.mask better
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:26:33
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:38:21 +0200, "Robert Buchholz" <rbu@g.o>
said:
> 3. We could also introduce some kind of "Keywords" as in Bugzilla to > mark certain situations, as UNUSABLE, SECURITY, LASTRITED. Do we need
I would particularly like this, because it's nice to know why a package has been package.masked. This would make it easier to decide whether I want to unmask things or not. (Perhaps some sort of ACCEPT_MASKED variable could be set up, so I could choose to accept packages with certain types of problems, with the knowledge that they might break.) Just my $0.02, Thomas Tuttle -- Thomas Tuttle - ttuttle@×××××××.net - http://www.ttuttle.net/ -- gentoo-project@g.o mailing list