From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developers
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:42:54
1 On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:11:49 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Am Freitag, 18. August 2017, 22:17:09 CEST schrieb William L. Thomson
5 > Jr.:
6 > > Looks like a couple new devs came in unannounced under the radar.
7 > >
8 > [snip]
9 >
10 > William,
11 >
12 > please stop it. We (as in Gentoo) don't have to explain our actions
13 > to you. Nor do you dictacte our policy.
14
15 FYI candrews showed in #gentoo-java yesterday. I was not the only who
16 was not aware of the recent additions....
17
18 13:19 < candrews> So, now that I'm a developer, how to go I go about
19 joining thi s project? Do I need to take the quiz mentioned at
20 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ Project:Java ?
21 13:31 < candrews> I've reopened the PR for Java 9; I'd love to get some
22 review o n it and permission to merge it:
23 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1721 14:22 <@Chewi> candrews:
24 congratulations! I wasn't aware that you'd joined the f old
25 14:23 <@Chewi> candrews: sorry about the earlier handling of the PR. I
26 did feel bad about it and intended to take another look but still
27 managed to get swamped by other things. :(
28 14:26 <@Chewi> the quiz isn't essential and it mostly refers to issues
29 involving older ant-based packages but there are still a large number
30 of packaging using that and it helps to understand our current
31 situation in order to work out where we're going next
32 14:27 <@Chewi> you'd be joining this team at its all-time low point,
33 I'm afraid
34 14:27 <@Chewi> we need a radical shake up for which I have
35 ideas but lack the time to implement 14:28 <@Chewi> I'm curious to know
36 what your interest is in this project
39 People would not ask about others interest if its announced and known...
42 William L. Thomson Jr.