From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Questions for Candidates (was: Questioning/Interviewing council nominees)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 17:44:43
1 On 06/29/2013 07:41 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On 29 June 2013 18:20, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Hash: SHA1
5 >>
6 >> On 06/28/2013 07:43 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:> Agostino
7 >> Sarubbo schrieb:
8 >>>> I'm using the same thread, I'd like to nominate:
9 >>>>
10 >>>> chithanh
11 >>>
12 >>> Thank you, I accept. My manifesto:
13 >>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~chithanh/council/manifesto-201306.txt
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>> Best regards, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
17 >>>
18 >>>
21 >> Do you think package forks or split-packages for single files would
22 >> improve user experience?
23 >>
24 >> What should be our _priority_? Keeping devs happy or keeping users happy?
25 >
26 > Developers are also users. So these are not two distinct groups.
30 They are two distinct groups, although an individual can be part of both.
31
32 And it's even possible that something makes him happy in his position as
33 a developer, but unhappy in his user experience. So this question makes
34 perfect sense.