From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:33:06
1 On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 01:45:24PM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Is there something besides a captcha that can be used? I hate those
3 > things because they make no sense to me. I usually just give up when I
4 > encounter one of these and try three or four times with no success. The
5 > ones that look like broken glass or something are the ones I don't even
6 > try anymore. I can't get past one of those.
7 recaptcha [1] is very common at this point, offloads the problem to an
8 external service, supports visually-challenged users, and includes it's
9 own detection of brute forcing from IP addresses and subnets.
10
11 If that's not acceptable to you, I'll just deploy calculus-captcha.
12 calculus-captcha is best viewed on this page here:
13 http://random.irb.hr/signup.php
14 (reload a few times to see the fun they had in qualifying questions).
17 Robin Hugh Johnson
18 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
19 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
20 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85