From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:52:45
1 On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 08/14/2011 12:31 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 >> That way you give the regular 1 year term to someone who
4 >> does his/her job, but allow to intervene directly as needed (and not
5 >> after 6 months).
6 >>
7 > This requires dedicated resources, meaning having people monitor the
8 > activity of these teams and report problems/progress. Even if we enforce
9 > elections every 6 months, if leaders/teams were active, it is highly
10 > likely to retain their positions so no harm can come out of that :).
11
12 I think that a forced re-appointment every six months is going to
13 create a lot more work than just keeping an eye on things.
14
15 And I don't think that anybody is proposing a very heavy level of
16 monitoring here. Monitoring just means making sure that people aren't
17 running around with torches and pitchforks calling for the Devrel
18 lead's head.
19
20 Rich