From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Handbooks moving to the wiki
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 08:11:10
1 On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 11:31:07PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 19:46:27 +0000 malc wrote:
3 > > What about simple transclusion? [1] Example of first few handbook-chapters
4 > > at [2]
5 >
6 > Looks quite readable in elinks.
7 >
8 > > It's not pretty (the top TOC works, but the inline-toc on the
9 > > right-hand-side doesn't work) That could be prevented with some <noinclude>
10 > > directives on the source pages but I didn't want to trample over Sven.
11 > > Would that work? (And yes - a few other includes are broken because this is
12 > > rooted in my user-space and not under the handbook, but I think these
13 > > should work if a page of this type was included in the Handbook namespace.)
14 >
15 > Well, it doesn't have to be perfect, it should be usable enough.
16 > Looks like transclusion solves usability problem :)
17
18 I'm not sure why the discussion is still ongoing. The full-page handbooks
19 have been implemented on the wiki a few days ago already (see my message to
20 gentoo-project [1]). The redirects on the old handbooks have been put in
21 place to the wiki ones.
22
23 [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.project/4141
24