From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 17:28:32
1 W dniu nie, 03.12.2017 o godzinie 23∶59 -0600, użytkownik R0b0t1
2 napisał:
3 > As noted, there is one: analyzing the actions of those who are being
4 > "attacked" to see why people are bothering to do it in the first
5 > place. I sincerely doubt the offensive parties are doing what they are
6 > doing without cause.
7
8 Most of the affected developers are perfectly aware of the purpose of
9 those attacks. If there was anything to be done to resolve the situation
10 peacefully, we'd have done it long time ago. However, we can't and are
11 not going to yield to people's unfounded demands based purely
12 on the pressure inflicted by their misbehavior.
13
14 I believe this is as far as I can answer you. Going beyond that goes
15 into public judgment of private issues which is unacceptable on this
16 mailing list.
17
18 > But no, the Gentoo developers are always above reproach.
19
20 This remark is highly inappropriate.
21
22 > > I'm sorry but the purpose of this thread is not to convince you that
23 > > the problems exist. If you haven't experienced them already, then it
24 > > would be polite of you to either accept them as a fact, or do some
25 > > research yourself.
28 > Your job is not to convince me, personally, but the future reader of
29 > this list. If you have given up on doing so then you have admitted
30 > that you do not want to be held accountable for your actions because
31 > you do not feel you need to explain why you are doing what you are
32 > doing.
33
34 It is quite ironic that you worry about a 'future reader' needing to be
35 convinced in this past post (presuming you have some infinite knowledge
36 of what kind of details would a 'future reader' consider satisfying)
37 and at the same time you clearly reject to search for any past posts
38 on the topic.
39
40 Also, I should point out that you don't get to tell me what my job is.
41 If you believe this thread should contain such data, please collect it
42 yourself in your own time and include it in a reply. However, I should
43 point out that you should respect all the rules we're talking about.
44 I'd rather spend the time doing something that is of much greater
45 importance of Gentoo users than some potential decision that will
46 probably no longer be remembered in 12 months, except in snarky
47 comments.
48
49 > > I understand that you might want to know things. However, it is
50 > > generally impolite if someone 'comes late to the party' and starts
51 > > shouting questions that the existing participants know answers to
52 > > already. This is distorting to the conversation at hand.
55 > I am not shouting. I am politely, but pointedly, asking questions that
56 > you ostensibly should already have the answer to. If you do not have
57 > the answer, then I feel it is clear to future readers of the list that
58 > you are making decisions for nonsensical reasons.
59
60 I should point out that your personal attacks are also unacceptable.
61 If you disagree with the proposal, then please focus on discussing facts
62 and not trying to prove your opponent's incompetence.
63
64 > > People's private issues are not topic of this mailing list. It is
65 > > generally impolite and unprofessional to discuss them publicly. Please
66 > > don't do that.
69 > If the messages are being posted to gentoo-dev then I don't see why
70 > you consider the issue private. At least one party intends it to be
71 > public, probably because it's not a personal attack and is related to
72 > Gentoo.
73
74 One side being unprofessional does not excuse the other from being so.
75 It only causes very unfair 'community judgment' where community judges
76 based on abusive facts of one side where the other side is unable to
77 provide counter-arguments without violating the privacy rules.
78
79 Please consider that you have exhausted all the time I had available for
80 you. Please do not expect any further answers from me, and give others
81 a fair chance of getting developers' attention.
84 Best regards,
85 Michał Górny