From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-03-10: call for agenda items
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 17:55:27
1 On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 1:35 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > As I wrote on this list before [1], I propose that Sven Wegener,
4 > Michał Górny, and Patrick Lauer be made members of the infra team,
5 > since they are providing services to developers and users.
6
7 I have no objection to something like this being raised to the
8 council, but I'd suggest that the named individuals be the ones to
9 ask, after having failed to achieve their goals by simply working with
10 the infra lead/team.
11
12 Otherwise I suspect all the Council is going to say are things like:
13 1. Do they even want to be on the infra team?
14 2. Did they ask to join the infra team, and if so what was the response?
15 etc...
16
17 I think we need to at least establish #1-2 before we get into stuff
18 like why somebody was turned away and whether that is appropriate/etc.
19 Heck, I'd settle for "I tried but nobody answered my emails" as a
20 point where the council can step in on disputes, but I'd like those
21 involved to at least confirm they want the job and somehow couldn't
22 get it before we start to go top-down.
25 Rich