From: "Thomas Raschbacher (Gentoo)" <lordvan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] On the way Devrel is constituted
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:30:02
1 Hi.
2
3 I thought I also share my thoughts/opinions on this (I was going to
4 write in between othe peoples quotes of others quotes .. then decided I
5 just quickly sum it up (Yes most of it has probably been brought up
6 already, but finding that in various Emails is a pain ;)).
7
8 Anyway I've been around for quite a while (some time in 2001) and
9 mostly keep out of the "big" discussions/arguments as I prefer not to
10 get involved in other peoples arguments. I did read most of it though
11 and seen many good devs leave because of arguments/...
12
13 But to get to the point:
14
15 I do think the council needs to have (and as someone mentioned, it
16 probably has) the right to demote/kick devrel members for abuse of
17 power.
18 However I don't think that devrel should be appointed by the council.
19 Maybe voted in a similar way as the council is, but that might be
20 overkill - i do not know how much effort it is to set up elections, but
21 I guess it isn't too bad?
22 Or to simplify things a bit: how about there is a vote amongst all devs
23 for the devrel lead and otherwise people can apply to devrel team and we
24 have to trust the lead we voted for?
25
26 Just my 2c,
27 Thomas R