From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Should DevRel members be in Council?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:13:33

Hi,

This is the second item I would like to discuss for the next Council
agenda ( or a later one )

Quite a few of you know that Council acts as a court in case a developer
has unresolved disputes with Devrel or when he is not happy with a
Devrel's decision. The problem is that having the same people in the
Council and in Devrel makes no sense since the same people will vote
twice on that matter. A developer who wants to appeal to Council, seeks
a review of his case and a fresh voting from new people. However, having
devrel members, which are already biased based on the previous decision,
makes the "Council's court role" a moot role :)

Again, this is just a brainstorming, so please let me know what you think.

- --
Regards,