List Archive: gentoo-project
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Summary for this topic. Again a list of voting propositions to be
discussed during the meeting.
- Unlike other projects the council does not need a lead.
- The council needs a lead who will take charge of coordinating
council actions and act as a speaker, secretary, chairman, etc.. (or
will be responsible for finding somebody to execute these tasks), and
will be the one to blame in case of them not being executed properly.
- Same as above and the council lead gets an additional vote when
needing to break ties.
- The council needs a lead who will also act as community/distro
leader. What exactly that could mean needs to be defined.
Separate decision (which could depend on the result of the previous vote):
- The council lead is elected by the newly elected members. The
council members can decide to elect a new lead at any time (in case of
away or slacking or else).
- The council lead is elected by the developer community. How
exactly? And how does the community replace the lead in case (s)he
performs poorly or else?