From: Nikolaj Sjujskij <sterkrig@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Leaving 2.4 behind
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 18:05:38
> I feel it's about time to leave 2.4 behind
I'd say that *support* for Python 2.4 may be dropped, not `dev-lang/python:2.4` itself. Mask it and declare "unsupported". When it breaks itself (couldn't be compiled and no-one cares to write a patch), drop it. There're Gentoo users writing in Python for old RedHat, which would be supported till Py4k is out, so why drop what hasn't been broken (yet)?
> I have neutral opinion about removing support for Python 2.4, but I > think that you should > perform the survey amongst larger number of users (e.g. on Gentoo Forums)
Good idea.