From: Nikolaj Sjujskij <sterkrig@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Leaving 2.4 behind
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 18:05:38
1 > I feel it's about time to leave 2.4 behind
2 I'd say that *support* for Python 2.4 may be dropped, not
3 `dev-lang/python:2.4` itself. Mask it and declare "unsupported". When it
4 breaks itself (couldn't be compiled and no-one cares to write a patch),
5 drop it. There're Gentoo users writing in Python for old RedHat, which
6 would be supported till Py4k is out, so why drop what hasn't been broken
7 (yet)?
8
9 > I have neutral opinion about removing support for Python 2.4, but I
10 > think that you should
11 > perform the survey amongst larger number of users (e.g. on Gentoo Forums)
12 Good idea.