From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-python] Testing dev-lang/python version bumps
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 01:12:56
I have done some work this evening to integrate the latest versions of
dev-lang/python from Arfrever's Progress overlay into gentoo-x86.

He has done a nice job rebasing the patchsets and updating the ebuilds.

I took this opportunity to simplify the ebuilds a bit. Primarily this
meant stripping out the logic for pre-release snapshots. If anyone
really thinks we should keep this, please speak up.

Python-2.7.3 is already in the tree, but Arfrever indicates it has a
regression for C++ applications that link python. We should probably do
a revbump for that.

If we can get some people testing these that would be great. I would
like to add them to the tree sometime in the next week.

You may find the ebuilds here:

https://bitbucket.org/floppym/python-testing/src/default/dev-lang/python

Or you can clone the overlay for easy installation:

hg clone https://bitbucket.org/floppym/python-testing

The patchsets should be on the gentoo mirrors by the time you read this.
If not, you may find them here:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~floppym/python/