From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: Michael Cordingley <michael.cordingley@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Trying to write an ebuild
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 23:01:09
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Michael Cordingley
<michael.cordingley@×××××.com> wrote:
> Hi there, > > I'm trying to create an ebuild for a package that isn't yet in > Portage.  QuantLib-0.9.6 is currently in, but no bindings for it in > any other languages are yet there, so I thought I'd try to write up an > ebuild for the python bindings.  So far, the ebuild works, right up to > the compile stage.  It fails there, and I can't figure out why. > > The output of the ebuild command can be found here: http://pastebin.com/a4Cx2AYi > The current version of the ebuild is here: http://pastebin.com/PB0f1uSf > > The package that it downloads is a package of SWIG bindings for > several different languages.  Doing the normal ./configure && make && > make install would try to build and install all of the bindings.  I'm > trying to do ./configure && make -C Python && make install to build > only the python bindings.  The idea is one package per set of > bindings.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks! >
Hi there, Might I suggest taking a look at another ebuild that builds swig bindings for an example? Please take a look at dev-libs/xapian-bindings, it sounds quite similar to what you may need. As far as one package per binding, I think that its better handled from within a single package, controlled by use flags to enable the various desired bindings. Mainly this will ease maintenance of the package down the line. The ebuild dev-libs/xapian-bindings-1.2.8.ebuild in particular is a great example. HTH, Matthew -- Matthew W. Summers Gentoo Foundation Inc.