From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Cc: Sjujsckij Nikolaj <sterkrig@×××××××.com>, gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Bug 375257: python and >=linux-3 don't play well
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:22:07
1 On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:10:13 +0200
2 Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > I don't think it's reasonable to have Python 2.4-2.6 in Portage tree
5 > > keyworded stable (and therefore considered to be supported) and
6 > > know for sure that it's just a matter of time when somebody have to
7 > > recompile it and boom! half of Python modules stop working. I
8 > > daresay these cases should be handled too.
9 >
10 > Well, I wouldn't say half of Python modules, but I agree that we
11 > should probably revbump the others, too.
12
13 Don't forget to apply distutils patches for 3.* as well :P.
14
15 /me hides.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny