From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] python-distutils.eclass vs. python.eclass + distutils.eclass
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 23:18:41
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o> wrote:
> On 26/05/12 12:06, Michał Górny wrote: >> On Sat, 26 May 2012 11:55:54 +0200 >> Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote: >> >>> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> >>> wrote: >>>> We're planning on splitting some basic 'python' eclass out of it. >>>> Just someone needs to do that, or I'll when I'll have more time and >>>> a good plan. >>> >>> Who's we? >> >> People who talked about it on #gentoo-python a while ago. > > For future: if such "decision" is being made care to let rest of the team know? > Some people have jobs, families and don't have time to hang out on IRC whole day. >
In IRC, I mentioned that we needed a generic python utility eclass that respected PYTHON_TARGETS for ebuilds not based on distutils, and Michał agreed. I then joked that he had just volunteered himself to write it. That is the extent of this monumental "decision". I don't announce every single thought I have on the mailing list. There's no back room dealing going on here, I just happened to express an idle thought around the water cooler.