From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] On Python 2.5
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 05:16:35
1 2012/2/20 Johan Bergström <bugs@××××××××××.nu>:
2 > Good day all,
3 > with Python 2.4 being removed and all (anyone seen complaints about this, btw?),
4 > I'd like to discuss the removal of Python 2.5.
5 >
6 > Although 2.5 was one of those versions that started to be useful, I really see no
7 > reason to just keep it around "just because".
8 >
9 > Did a quick glance in the tree and couldn't find a package that only depended
10 > on python:2.5 specifically. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
11 >
12 > The question is therefore: why keep python 2.5 in tree?
13 >
14 > Regards,
15 > --
16 > Johan Bergström
20 We might be making the upgrade path for ancient systems more
21 difficult. python-2.5 has EAPI=1 whereas python-2.6 has EAPI=2. I
22 don't feel this is a show stopper.