From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Cc: python <python@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-python] Python 3.7 porting efforts
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 09:55:43
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 I think we're nearing the time of switching our 'stable' Python
4 implementation from Python 3.6 to 3.7. If you find some free time,
5 please dedicate it to porting packages to 3.7.
8 While bumping packages, please also take care to:
9
10 a. add python_test() if it is missing,
11
12 b. replace 'py.test' calls with 'pytest -vv' (the former is obsolete),
13
14 c. bump to EAPI 7,
15
16 d. add missing PYTHON_USEDEPs (yes, we still have packages without
17 them),
18
19 e. add setuptools to RDEPEND whenever entry_points are used in setup.py,
20
21 f. usually, DEPEND=${RDEPEND} can be changed to
22 DEPEND="test? ( ${RDEPEND} )"
25 Relevant lists:
26
27 - packages still missing py3.7 entirely:
28 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/36-to-37.txt
29 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/36-to-37.svg
30
31 - packages needing new version stabilized:
32 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/36-to-37-stablereq.txt
33 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/36-to-37-stablereq.svg
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny