From: Andy Spencer <andy753421@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Save dev-util/plan9port !
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:51:13
I recently noticed that the plan9port package is scheduled for removal.

From package.mask:
> Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> (25 Jan 2011) > on behalf of QA team > > Missing a dedicated maintainer; problems regarding LDFLAGS > (bug #335471), overflows (bug #340671), W|X sections, > and misc problems (bug #224209) as well as missing version > bumps for about two years now (bug #273890). > > Removal on 2011-03-26
I would like to see this package remain in portage and would therefore like to volunteer as the new maintainer. I've updated the existing ebuild using a 2011-03-20 snapshot and have included quite a few updates, including those from Bug #273890. I've attached a copy of the new ebuild, additional files can be found here: http://andy753421.ath.cx/linked/p9p/ It builds cleanly for me on x86 and amd64 machines. I've included fixes for Bug #273890, Bug #224209, the W|X section issues, and a variety of other problems. I wasn't able to immediately reproduce Bug #335471 or Bug #340671 so they may either have been fixed upstream or I will need more precise steps to reproduce. Some of these fixes are slightly hacky patch files, so I'm planning on working with upstream for a proper solution. However, I am not an official gentoo developer so it sounds like I'll need a "Proxy Maintainer" to review my work and push updates to portage. Would anyone be willing to do this?

plan9port-20110320.ebuild text/plain