From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] Running a tinderbox instance
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:18:17
Hi Sam,

Il giorno ven, 07/01/2011 alle 10.15 -0500, Academic Sam ha scritto:
> Since this is on our university network, it is not possible to let > someone else access it. So, I will have to do all the work in setting > up and running it (and I'm willing). To minimize disruptions to the > current setup, I'd like to run it in a separate virtual machine/chroot > whatever.
I planned on writing actual usage documentation for the tinderbox this past week but between a flue and a cold I'm in a bit of a pinch with stuff. So I'll summarise here what you'd have to look at as it is. The code to run the tinderbox is mostly self-contained in the git repository at http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/flameeyes-tinderbox.git;a=summary it doesn't require much in term of software; you can easily run it on either KVM (but I found the I/O hit too big on my system) or within an LXC instance. A non-namespaced chroot will likely cause you trouble. You can use a network-isolated instance by providing it with a proxy to use, otherwise it'll access network normally (some tests might make use of network connectivity, and not all of it is SFW). Just run ./tinderbox-continuous.sh and it should take care of everything alone, if you still have any doubts please feel free to ask so that I know what to document exactly. -- Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes http://blog.flameeyes.eu/