From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] Running a tinderbox instance
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:18:17
1 Hi Sam,
2
3 Il giorno ven, 07/01/2011 alle 10.15 -0500, Academic Sam ha scritto:
4 > Since this is on our university network, it is not possible to let
5 > someone else access it. So, I will have to do all the work in setting
6 > up and running it (and I'm willing). To minimize disruptions to the
7 > current setup, I'd like to run it in a separate virtual machine/chroot
8 > whatever.
9
10 I planned on writing actual usage documentation for the tinderbox this
11 past week but between a flue and a cold I'm in a bit of a pinch with
12 stuff. So I'll summarise here what you'd have to look at as it is.
13
14 The code to run the tinderbox is mostly self-contained in the git
15 repository at
16
17 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/flameeyes-tinderbox.git;a=summary
18
19 it doesn't require much in term of software; you can easily run it on
20 either KVM (but I found the I/O hit too big on my system) or within an
21 LXC instance. A non-namespaced chroot will likely cause you trouble.
22
23 You can use a network-isolated instance by providing it with a proxy to
24 use, otherwise it'll access network normally (some tests might make use
25 of network connectivity, and not all of it is SFW).
26
27 Just run ./tinderbox-continuous.sh and it should take care of everything
28 alone, if you still have any doubts please feel free to ask so that I
29 know what to document exactly.
32 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
33 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/