From: Christian Ruppert <idl0r@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: "Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>, qa@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Re: Roll-call for the team members and requesting a new election
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 20:07:41
1 On 08/21/2010 07:46 PM, Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò wrote:
2 > First off, checking the current list of QA members, please answer just
3 > to make sure you are active and still interested of being part of the
4 > team:
5 >
6 > - Mark Loeser
7 > - Diego Elio Pettenò (here);
8 > - Markos Chandras
9 > - Christian Ruppert
10 > - Piotr Jaroszyński
11 > - Tomas Chvatal
12 > - Ned Ludd (not on qa@g.o alias)
13 > - Sven Wegener
14 > - Torsten Veller
15 > - Joshua Jackson (not on qa@g.o alias)
16 > - Mike Frysinger
17 > - Samuli Suominen (not on project page)
18 > - Brian Ferring (not on project page)
19 >
20 > After this I'd like to call for an election of a new lead; I have asked
21 > privately for Mark to resign, or call up new elections himself, so that
22 > I could avoid to state it this way but I see no other choice.
23 >
24 > Given the current (sorry) state of QA, working mostly leadless (Mark
25 > seems to be around when you're complaining he's not around), and with
26 > most members apathetic about all kind of issues, I'm proposing myself as
27 > new lead.
28 >
29 > The role of the lead in this project cannot be simply a "supervising"
30 > one, given that it's the only member of the team that devrel is
31 > interested in hearing from (situation that, by itself, should probably
32 > be changed); it requires actual leading and decision-taking, especially
33 > given the current situation where many policies have never been written
34 > down, and our documentation resources for developers are scattered and
35 > outdated.
36 >
37 > Given that I for one feel like the lead should be an active presence in
38 > the project, together with my offer to step up I promise that if I ever
39 > were to find myself in a situation where I wouldn't be able to find the
40 > time to keep up with my duties, I'd be resigning and asking for new
41 > elections right away.
44 I'm still "active". I mainly write QA scripts like [1] or [2] and I fix
45 QA issues in gentoo-x86 if I notice some.
46
47 I have no strong opinion atm because I'm not so long in the QA team.
48
49 [1] http://qasl.de/~idl0r/gentoo/gentoo_unused_files-beta.pl
50 [2] http://qasl.de/~idl0r/gentoo/invalid-mask.txt
53 Regards,
54 Christian Ruppert
55 Role: Gentoo Linux developer, Bugzilla administrator and Infrastructure
56 member
57 Fingerprint: EEB1 C341 7C84 B274 6C59 F243 5EAB 0C62 B427 ABC8