From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] QA power to suspend access [WAS: Re: Roll-call for the team members and requesting a new election]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 16:04:05
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-qa] QA power to suspend access [WAS: Re: Roll-call for the team members and requesting a new election] by "Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò"
Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××.com> said:
> Il giorno sab, 21/08/2010 alle 14.11 -0400, Mark Loeser ha scritto: > > > > #2 seems to alleviate any bottlenecks that could happen. What does > > everyone else think? This can wait until after whatever is decided > > with > > the election, but the conversation should take place regardless. > > I agree that #2 sounds the best. > > In case we all agree on that, should we ask devrel nicely to write that > down on their own policy or do we have to pass through council?
Well, we seem to have an agreement from the majority here, of 2. I'll push this through the council at the next meeting since it was my assignment to bring the discussion up. The exact text that will be replace is: If a particular developer persistently causes breakage, the QA team may request that devrel re-evaluates that developer's commit rights. Evidence of past breakages will be presented with this request to devrel. It will now become: If a particular developer persistently causes breakage, the QA team can request infra to revoke the developer's commit rights, and will contact devrel to help mediate the case. The QA team can request that the commit rights be revoked either by the lead asking, or 2 members of the QA team requesting such an action be taken. Thanks, -- Mark Loeser email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com web - http://www.halcy0n.com