From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] Devmanual status
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:54:20
1 On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 14:11:46 +0100
2 Torsten Veller <tove@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > so what's going on with the devmanual?
7 >
8 > Current situation AFAIK:
9 > After the repo has been moved to Gentoo hardware,
10 > Stephen Bennett (spb) and Christel Dahlskjaer (christel) and the
11 > Council members have write permission and every dev can check it out
12 > with: `svn co svn+ssh://devname@××××××××××.org/var/svnroot/devmanual`
13
14 That's about it. For the moment, anyone else will have to push updates
15 through one of the above. Other QA members can request commit access if
16 they're going to be doing significant work on it.
17
18 > With the new bugzilla we will also get a devmanual component in the
19 > "Doc Other" product. New bugs will be assigned to qa@g.o.
20
21 So I'm told, yes.
22
23 > Currently devmanual's project page is outdated:
24 > <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/devmanual.xml>
25 > But I don't know what should be added there.
26
27 Ouch, yes. I'll update that; thanks for pointing it out.
28
29 > The future:
30 > - moving to guide-xml?
31
32 I'd rather not, personally. I won't rule it out though, if someone
33 presents a convincing argument.
34
35 > - moving to rst?
36
37 This would be preferable from my point of view -- it's much nicer to
38 work with than the current XML.
39
40 > - diff mailinglist for reviewing changes and to keep people up to
41 > date?
42
43 Not a bad idea. Someone might consider asking infra to set this up.
44 --
45 gentoo-qa@g.o mailing list