From: "Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Converting DevManual to Docbook 5 [WAS: Re: Official request for having Gtk+ and similar in tree p.masked before ~arch]
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:09:00
1 Il giorno dom, 22/08/2010 alle 00.01 +0300, Markos Chandras ha scritto:
2 >
3 > As I already told you, I am willing to work with you on that, but I
4 > will need you to
5 > explain me briefly the technical details ( not the docbook syntax as I
6 > know it
7 > ) on how to convert guidexml -> docbook. If you have a repo for that
8 > please
9 > add me as collaborator so I can work on that and finally deal with
10 > it ;-)
11
12 The repository is already on our hardware:
13 http://sources.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=devmanual.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/docbook (although I'd like to have this on gogo so that we can get the help of other people beside developers; a lot of the layout work here has been done by Mauro who's not a developer — although I was meaning to recruit him quite a while ago).
14
15 As for the conversion, I'm attaching the xsl I've been using; it only
16 gives a rough draft to starts with, then it's manual labour.
17
18 It does not lose any feature during the move as Docbook 5 is much more
19 expressive; and Mauro prepared a working syntax highlighter for the
20 ebuild syntax.
23 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
24 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
25
26 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
27 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/

abomination2docbook.xsl application/xslt+xml