From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] profiles/package.mask entries
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 07:06:02
* Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> (10 Apr 2010):
> These might be valid ones to force downgrades etc., so take this message > only as a friendly reminder that these entries are in main package.mask > file and don't effect on any packages that's in portage right now:
[...]
Later that day: 19:13 <@tove> hm, i added the dev-perl masks because it's the only way to warn users who still have the package installed. portage ignores installed but unavailable packages 19:18 <@ssuominen> tove: that's fine, no hurry to remove them In Jul 2010 the mask was removed: http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/profiles/package.mask?r1=1.11751&r2=1.11752 I wonder, does scarabeus know what he is doing? Is half a year long enough? Shouldn't I mask it at all? Why do I add my name to the mask if i am not even asked before my masks are removed? In April i joined #g-portage to ask for a warning if non-available packages are installed. I didn't file a bug and i don't know if anything was actually changed in portage. Thanks