From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] profiles/package.mask entries
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 07:06:02
1 * Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> (10 Apr 2010):
2 > These might be valid ones to force downgrades etc., so take this message
3 > only as a friendly reminder that these entries are in main package.mask
4 > file and don't effect on any packages that's in portage right now:
5 [...]
6 > tove@g.o:
7 >
8 > dev-perl/Email-MIME-Modifier
9 > dev-perl/Email-MIME-Creator
10 > dev-perl/Email-Simple-Creator
11 > dev-perl/XML-LibXML-Common
12 > dev-perl/Class-XSAccessor-Array
13
14 Later that day:
15
16 19:13 <@tove> hm, i added the dev-perl masks because it's the only way to
17 warn users who still have the package
18 installed. portage ignores installed but unavailable packages
19 19:18 <@ssuominen> tove: that's fine, no hurry to remove them
23 In Jul 2010 the mask was removed:
24 http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/profiles/package.mask?r1=1.11751&r2=1.11752
27 I wonder, does scarabeus know what he is doing? Is half a year long
28 enough? Shouldn't I mask it at all? Why do I add my name to the mask if
29 i am not even asked before my masks are removed?
32 In April i joined #g-portage to ask for a warning if non-available
33 packages are installed. I didn't file a bug and i don't know if
34 anything was actually changed in portage.
37 Thanks