From: Michiel de Bruijne <m.debruijne@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] firewall support in genkernel
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 15:42:42
Hi Gals, Guys,

I was about to file a request/bug about including iptables support in
genkernel. I noticed someone has filed this report already, but it was closed
as a wontfix almost a year ago. The reason for this was that iptables
shouldn't be forced on users. Personally I don't see building a few extra
modules as forcing something on users, but that's a different debate.

I can imagine, one year later with new insights and tools, it's now possible
to include (optional) iptables support out of the box with genkernel. If I
file a request/bug will it be closed as a wontfix?

Regards,
Michiel.