From: Igor Cavalcante <igor@××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Support to some PATA controllers in instalation cd
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 01:10:05
I saw the link of the forum indicated and realized that they had not yet
found a solution, so I enjoyed for help them posting a response. ;)

Well, for the Linux work properly with the motherboard intel dq35jo it is
essential that these following kernel configured.

Bus options (PCI etc.). --->
    [*] PCI support
    [] Support mmconfig PCI config space access (Off)

Device Drivers --->
    <*> Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers
       <*> SATA AHCI support
       <*> Intel ESB, ICH, PIIX3, PIIX4 PATA / SATA support
       <*> Marvell PATA support via legacy mode

With these kernel configuration, I had no more problems with this
motherboard.
Best Reggards

Igor Cavalcante