From: Benjamin Judas <beejay@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] First official Live-CD for 2004.0
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:52:08
Hey folks,

I made a snapshot today, created completely new stages and built a
live-cd for x86. The snapshots include Python-2.3.3. The LiveCD has two
Kernels available. Default is 2.4.24-xfs (gentoo), additional Kernel is
gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.1-r1 (experimental). I decided that it would be a
good think to include a 2.6-series kernel on the CD, since these kernels
bring plenty of improvements - not only for laptops ;)

I would be happy if someone could do a quick test of the CD (i.e. does
it boot properly and is everything neccessary included) before it gets
moved onto the servers, since I ran out of blank CD-R/RWs and I don't
have some virtual machine installed.

http://dev.gentoo.org/~beejay/stages/

Thanks in advance
  beejay
--
GPG-Public-Key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xC31DEDD8

Key-Fingerprint:
4E65 AAFE 785B 61D8 E4D9  1671 E017 87B7 C31D EDD8

ICQ: 239829549
Jabber:beejay@×××××××××.org