From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Profile documentation and upgrading doc
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 19:05:09
1 Hi all,
2
3 The GDP has received a nice contribution document which covers the upgrading
4 part of a Gentoo installation. More importantly, it tries to document the
5 use of profiles and when a user needs to change his profile symlink.
6
7 Profiles are one of the less documented aspects of a Gentoo installation and
8 I think such a document is really interesting. However, because it's not
9 that documented and transparent to the user, I cannot verify validity of the
10 document (and it's not something that can be tested as well).
11
12 Can all profile experts and architectural release coordinators check the
13 content of http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/gentoo-upgrading.html and see if it
14 contains any falsehoods, mistruths or is missing vital information?
15
16 Wkr,
17 Sven Vermeulen
20 Bent Hindrup Andersen, Danish MEP, about the Software Patent Directive:
21 The approach of the Commission and Council in this directive is shocking.
22 They are making full use of all the possibilities of evading democracy that
23 the current Community Law provides. <http://lwn.net/Articles/84009/>