From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] livecd support (mostly) done
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 05:51:17
well, I'd use 2.6.1 just because it has a lot of fixes,
but when you make that loopback device, are you first
filling the loop file zeroed out from /dev/zero ?
As far as I know you can't make a dynamic loopback file
please correct me if I'm wrong on this :/
Also, what options were you passing to  mke2fs to create
the filesystem itself ??
I've never seen that error before.  The only time I saw
it is when I was running out of inodes on genkernel because
of the sheer number of small files the /dev filesystem creates
in ratio to the size of the fs itself :/
But if it works on subsequent tries, that doesn't make sense.

-Brad