From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Plan for 2004.1
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 02:25:07
1 Hi all -
2 There has been much good discussion on the list lately regarding forward
3 looking release strategy. Once 2004 is over and 2005 comes around we
4 will be well prepared to implement some possible changes that will
5 continue to serve our purpose very well.
6
7 It is still 2004 though, and because of that we have to remain focused
8 on the immediate goals. Once release features have been fielded, I am
9 going to hold a meeting shortly thereafter to see which features
10 regarding release media can be implemented to improve the quality of our
11 releases. From there we will continue the release plan that was laid out
12 at the beginning of the year. We will all have to work together to make
13 sure that we stomp as many bugs in the release media (especially
14 LiveCDs) as possible and fix the problems that have plagued us in the
15 past. I have been in contact with some of the release coordinators and
16 have discussed strategy for carrying out this plan.
17
18 Please keep planning for 2005 but don't lose foresight of what we have
19 to accomplish now. Thanks for your input :)
20
21 Cheers,
22 //zhen
23 --
24 John Davis
25 Gentoo Linux Developer
26 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
27
28 ----
29 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
30 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47