From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] 2004.3-test1 for x86
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:48:22
1 I have added it just now to /space/experimental-local/x86/livecd/x86, so
2 it should be hitting the master mirror in an hour or so. Please test
3 this release and report bugs to bug #67886. There is a README that
4 lists some known issues, so don't report those... ;]
5
6 I am currently building a -test2 CD, so when it is completed I will
7 update the README and copy that ISO into the same location. I'll send
8 another note to -core when that is done, and will possibly move the
9 discussion to -dev depending on how things go. I plan on releasing a
10 beta release to the public (out of /experimental) at some point this
11 week to try and get as much testing as possible from the community.
12 Initial reports from people who have tested the CD (thanks MattM) are
13 that it is working smoothly and is what all the 2004.x releases should
14 have been. Also, the ISO size is correct on the CD. It is only 52MB.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
19 Games - Developer
20 Gentoo Linux