From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Handbook/x86 and Handbook/sparc updated
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:45:46
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have received the necessary information from the x86 architecture - the
4 2004.1 docs for x86 are almost finished, I'm still awaiting response from
5 jforman regarding the mirror structure (where isos are located and such) to
6 finish off. Once I've received that information, I'll be simulating a
7 networkless installation step-by-step with the information received to see
8 if any more issues show up, but I don't think so (there are not many changes
9 to the docs necessary anyway).
10
11 I've received information regarding the bootkernels for sparc too, so the
12 2004.1 docs for sparc are being prepped as well.
13
14 Online Docs:
15 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/draft/handbook-x86.xml
16 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/draft/handbook-sparc.xml
17
18 Snapshots:
19 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/releng/handbook-x86.tar.gz (-20040417.tar.gz)
20 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/releng/handbook-sparc.tar.gz (-20040417.tar.gz)
21
22 Once I've received the mirror structure layout and the document has been
23 reviewed completely, I'll be making a snapshot with PDF inside (I just need
24 to ping plasmaroo for that - easy isn't it :) for the architectures that are
25 finished to have them include these docs on their final LiveCD.
26
27 Wkr,
28 Sven Vermeulen
31 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.