From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:37:45
Michael Marineau wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 10:23 AM, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote: >> Hello everyone, >> >> Release Engineering is in the planning stages for 2008.0, so we're >> asking for input from the community on things that they'd like to see >> added/changed/removed from our release media. All requests should be >> something Release Engineering actually can accomplish, like profile >> changes, or changes to the stages or ISO images. We are interested in >> all ideas, though we may only choose a few, as time and mirror space are >> definite considerations. >> >> So, if you'd like to see something changed in Gentoo's releases, come on >> over to the gentoo-releng mailing list and join in the fun! > > I've got one tiny request and a slightly unrelated question. First, > could we add rsync to the minimal install cd images? I tend to find > myself booting to a cd and then copying over an rsync binary.
No. See bug #90414 for details.
> Second, I saw on the release meeting agenda there was an item about > doing automated internal builds. I missed the meeting and I haven't > seen anyone post a log yet so I don't know what was discussed. I > currently do automated weekly stage{1,2,3} builds for use at the OSL > for x86/amd64 and could easily add ppc64. Would people find it useful > if I started posting those publicly in some semi-official manner?
These builds aren't for public consumption. They're for QA purposes. We've already been doing automated weekly stage[1-3] builds for x86/amd64 on poseidon, and I think another arch may have been using my script, as well. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list