From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: davisjp@×××.edu
Cc: Gentoo-Releng <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout fix for /dev stage bug[Message Scanned]
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:27:41
1 On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 23:34, John Davis wrote:
2
3 > It does say in the ebuild that it is not for non-live merges, so I am
4 > guessing that it still does not handle binary merges well these days :)
5 > I am going to CC this to beejay and brad_mssw to see if we can all get
6 > on the same page. I think that there is a fundamental communication
7 > problem that is blocking us solving this bug.
10 I will say communication _is_ the problem. Unfortunately some do not
11 think it important to let maintainers know about issues, or about them
12 just fixing it. Sure, it might have been sent to releng, but also
13 unfortunately some people did not think to let me know when not
14 responding (if they have even noticed it) to releng, not thinking I
15 might have a good reason like not being subscribed due to say being
16 overlooked until about the 17th of last month (I think).
19 Thanks,
23 Martin Schlemmer
24 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
25 Cape Town, South Africa