From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Gentoo 2004.1 Release
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:57:07
1 On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 17:50 +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Friday 30 April 2004 17:16, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 16:32 +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
4 > > > For me, this could best be implemented outside the gentoo project. We
5 > > > could then list binary distro's based of gentoo or something like that.
6 > > > We then need to add support for better binary dependency checking to
7 > > > portage, but it should be possible to pull it off. Full continuously
8 > > > updatable like debian is hard though and much of that work should be done
9 > > > by the developers of such a gentoo based distro.
10 > >
11 > > I think it could be implimented in Gentoo, however, the first thing that
12 > > needs to happen is frozen trees with only security updates. This is of
13 > > great desireability for our enterprise users. Once that is done, adding
14 > > binary support to that frozen tree is fairly easy. For instance, lets
15 >
16 > This disregards the quite essential "incremental" feature.
17
18 What do you mean by "incremental"? Security updates? or
19 debian-likeness?
20
21 Nathaniel
25 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list