From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:55:36
On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 15:26, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
> I do not have an issue, but '/mnt/livecd' or similar will be more > generic between different approaches. I will leave it up to you > guys for final decision though.
I'd actually recommend not using anything in /mnt, as people have a habit of mounting stuff to /mnt. When you do this, the loopback fs is covered up and the LiveCD dies: mount /dev/hda3 /mnt (explosion!) So it would be better to create a special mountpoint in /var somewhere. I'm talking about the ideal solution, not necessarily what we need for 2004.0. Regards, Daniel -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list