From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:55:36
1 On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 15:26, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > I do not have an issue, but '/mnt/livecd' or similar will be more
3 > generic between different approaches. I will leave it up to you
4 > guys for final decision though.
5
6 I'd actually recommend not using anything in /mnt, as people have a
7 habit of mounting stuff to /mnt. When you do this, the loopback fs is
8 covered up and the LiveCD dies:
9
10 mount /dev/hda3 /mnt
11 (explosion!)
12
13 So it would be better to create a special mountpoint in /var somewhere.
14 I'm talking about the ideal solution, not necessarily what we need for
15 2004.0.
16
17 Regards,
18