From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.3 ppc
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:47:22
1 http://dev.gentoo.org/~pylon/images/dscf2342.jpg
2
3 If your machine is not compatible with the bootloader on the cd, and
4 you need to pass arguments to the kernel using openfirmware, don't
5 forget to pass root=/dev/ram0 ;-p
6
7 All the other arguments are built into the kernel. The reason why this
8 one isn't, is that it's not in the append= parameter in the bootloader
9 config but has an extra root= line. I forgot to copy that one in. So
10 for now, pegasos people have to pass no arguments, except for
11 root=/dev/ram0
12
13 sorry about that. If needed I'd be happy to recompile the kernel to
14 include that flag. Will take me approx half an hour to get both cds
15 updated. Your call ;-)
16
17 Pieter
18